The new mechanical Record 12x2 Speed derailleur: speed, dexterity, precision and effectiveness.
The Campy Tech Lab designers focused on functionality, performance and compatibility when redesigning the new front derailleur. The new Record mechanical 12x2 Speed derailleur reveals various technical innovations; starting with the leverage system, which is designed to speed up shifting. Less effort is required for shifting thanks to the split front link rod, which avoids contact with the travel limit screw, and the shape of the inner cage plate, designed to match the new 12 speed chain’s characteristics.
The micro-adjustments to the front derailleur position (which can be activated at the controls) make it possible to avoid any chain contact, even in cases of maximum crossing. The plate positioned on the aluminium outer cage prevents the chain from escaping when upshifting and increases speed in the downshift phase, as well as creating a quieter transmission.
As far as compatibility is concerned, the new Record 12x2 Speed front derailleur allows tyres up to 32mm thanks to the new upper connecting rod and the double fixing of the cable.
Features & Benefits
- Forged aluminium construction and steel screws.
- Upper connector rod helps to increase leverage, improving shift speed and accuracy
- Cage plate designed to improve occurrences of maximal chain crossing
- Ideal for wider tyres: tyres of up to a 32mm can be fitted without risking contact
- Optimised inner cage plate design
- Dual fixing points for the cable: Fully compatible with top or bottom pull frames
- Position optimised for all chainrings